When I purchased my Brita this fall, I signed up to receive email reminders when it was time to change the filter in my pitcher. In exchange for providing Brita with my email address, I received a coupon for $2 off my next filter and had the option to integrate my filter change alerts into iCal.
After receiving my first reminder email from Brita, I’m loving a few things about this service:
- Instant reminders about something that would easily slip my mind
- Coupon to make purchasing additional filters more likely
- Integration with iCal for daily reminders as I browse my calendars
- Direct link customized to the store where I purchase replacement filters, and info about where to find them
- Information about how to recycle my old filter
The idea of these reminder emails is such a simple idea, but it answers all my questions in a quick and simple manner. Looking for an easy way to provide unparalleled service to your customers? Take a page out of Brita’s book.